Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Maybe it is time for an update, but the classic is so iconic

http://www.disneydining.com/cinderellas-castle-to-be-renamed-for-elsa/

Apparently, Disney is considering renaming Cindarella's Castle to Elsa's which is a welcome update, I'm sure young girls now would so much rather meet the magic Queen Elsa than Cindarella (supported by the fact that Elsa outsold Barbie this Christmas), but Cindarella's castle is just so classic. I don't know, maybe it's just that when I think Disney, I think Cindarella: it's as if she is the Queen of the princesses and that the others are all just additional. She wasn't even the first princess, though, so I don't know how she became so significant in my mind. By seniority, Snow White should be the most significant princess yet somehow Cindarella has dominated little-girl-culture. And now it's Elsa's turn. Maybe I'm just hankering for a throwback because Old Duke is right around the corner, but I wax nostalgic thinking about Cindarella's Castle which is something I wouldn't do if they changed the name to Elsa's Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment